I have come to realize that although I thoroughly enjoy crafting projects, I also thoroughly enjoy cooking and baking. Thus, I shall begin to also share what I have been cooking.
This lemon bar recipe is a mix of my mother in law’s “luscious lemon bar” topping and a spiced graham cracker crust. I had some dried out ginger snap cookies in my pantry and didn’t want to waste them. So I blended them up with some graham crackers to make this yummy crust. If you don’t have spiced cookies around, you can also just make this crust with all graham crackers and add a little bit of ground ginger and ground cinnamon into the crumbs
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 6 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup ginger snaps crumbs (preferably from a dried out or crunchy cookie)
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with parchment paper
- Mix together all the ingredients for the crust. Press firmly into the baking pan.
- Bake the crust for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350°F
- Mix together all the ingredients for the filling and pour onto the cooled crust. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.