Tonight I was able to stop by the October distribution for FabMo. It was so great! I found these great (faux) leather samples and decided that they would make a beautiful small bouquet of “forget-me-not” flowers. Technically, “forget-me-not” flowers have five petals, but I think that this still is pretty.
It is quite simple to make. Click “Continue Reading” for the FULL TUTORIAL.
This is what you will need to make this project:
-Leather or other fabric to make the flowers and leaves
-Bead or Button for middle of the flower
-Hand Sewing Needle
1) Cut your leather/fabric into Eight 2 1/4″ squares and cut a 1/2″ (or so) cut on each of the four sides.
2) This trick helps me to cut more evenly since I am right handed (you can do it the opposite direction if you are left handed):
a) First cut the curves on the top right sides for each petal on one side of the fabric.
3) Assemble your flowers by taking two of each petal set and one bead and sewing/gluing them together. I like to offset the petals to give them a little more dimension.
4) Cut out your leaves and sew in the middle details using a needle and thread. I used a silver metallic thread to do this.
5) Glue or sew your flowers and leaves onto another piece of fabric. Cut off the excess fabric and you’re finished!